Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Time Zones when using Add to Calendar

Verodan
Explorer C

We recently missed a flight in Las Vegas when our flight displayed in our iCal (iPhone calendar) using our hometown Eastern time zone, instead of the local Pacific time zone. We used the “Add to Calendar” feature on the Southwest itinerary page.  Trying to figure out if the phone settings need to be different, or if the itinerary needs to be manually adjusted.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Time Zones when using Add to Calendar

huck911
Explorer C
Solution

The only way I have found is to go into the app and change the time zone in the event itself to the time zone for which it falls.  this will change it to the time zone for the flight.  I noticed this on an upc oming trip to LAX from DEN.  

Re: Time Zones when using Add to Calendar

Verodan
Explorer C

Thanks for the reply.  To change the Calendar as you suggest, I had to turn on time zone support.  Per Apple, this can only be done In Calendar in iCloud.com (had to use Chrome, Safari won’t let you access iCloud.com). This will allow you to designate the event time zone.  I am going to try it out for our next vacation.  Southwest added the return flight at 10 pm Eastern, so I switched it to 9 pm Central.  If I add a restaurant reservation, I will save it as Central time.  I’m assuming when my phone moves from Eastern to Central zone, everything will be okay. I’m certainly going to be more aware of time zones from now on!  Sadly, in the old days of paper tickets and boarding passes, the time zone was not a problem.