Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Updated SW app won't send boarding pass to Apple Wallet

Cr0n_J0b
Explorer C

Sorry to necrosis this thread but this issue happening again as of this afternoon.

phxflyboy
Explorer A

Did you update to the newest iOS a week or so ago? That could be the issue. I will say that as I'm writing this, I'm sitting at my gate at Midway Airport, just used the mobile boarding pass, and everything went just fine. The only odd thing I'm seeing now is that notifications don't seem to be going to my Apple watch, as they used to. That has been happening for a couple months now. New iOS 13 coming out in the next couple weeks, maybe that will fix everything, although I believe the issues are on SW's end.

Cr0n_J0b
Explorer C

It was funny.  I was sitting with 2 co workers, I pulled up my boarding pass through the app in the TSA-pre line.  It was solid blue, just like the picture attached earlier in this thread.  That was a change from the previous way it showed up, with the little dots on the top right to add to wallet.  The other two guys had the old version showing for them.  We get to the gate and start talking about it and they both go to show me how theirs didn't change...and voila...they had the new all blue pass like I had.  I'm guessing it's an old bug that just came back.  The old bug as I recall also interferred with iwatch integration...something like that.

jaybolli
Explorer C

I am having the same problem.  I flew last week without issue.  I just got this message from an agent at SW:

"There was an issue for some mobile pass customers not getting Pre Check on their boarding passes.  We corrected that, but in doing so we temporarily disabled the option to save boarding passes to Apple Wallet.  There is no ETA for restoring this functionality."

Kbridges3
Explorer C

I have the same issue today. I flew on Saturday and Sunday of this week and when I checked in, the boarding pass was with a white background and I could add it to my Apple wallet. I just checked in for my flight tomorrow and now the boarding pass is an entirely blue page with yellow numbers and I have nowhere to add the pass to my wallet. My phone updated to iOS version 13.1.2 last night. So I’m guessing it’s related to that somehow.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I have updated iOS and it worked two ways for me today, I imported to wallet from app for myself, and then texted a link to the boarding pass for my father in law's pass.

If the app isn't working, try texting the boarding pass to yourself and opening it from the link, and then adding to wallet from there.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

wwbein
Explorer C

Yesterday, October 8, 2019, I had the exact same problems for a flight I will take today. This problem did not occur on five previous independent trips I took over the last two weeks. The latest was last Friday.  

I have an iPhone X, running iOS 12.4.1. I have not updated this phone lately, and run the most recent version of the Southwest App. I work in Computer Science.

I conclude that this has nothing to do with updates but with problems upstream at Southwest.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

So sorry for the frustration, everyone! I've just learned that our Mobile Team pushed a fix for this problem, and the ability to save your boarding passes in Apple Wallet has been restored. 

Nicole
Community Manager

wwbein
Explorer C

Nicole: Yes, just added it! Thank you so much!

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

My apologies all!  Our Mobile Team is aware that the issue returned, and we're hoping for a fix soon. Thanks for hanging in there with us!

Nicole
Community Manager