Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

curbside checkin when only 2 out of 3 people present from group reservation

hagueac1
Explorer C

Im travelling with my husband and son in a few weeks and trying to figure out how to navigate the parking and check in process. We will have a few bags to check, plus a carseat and stroller, so I am hoping to use curbside checkin so we don't have to lug all that around. My question is, can my husband drop my son and I off at the skycap with our bags and then leave to go park the car? Will we have any problem checking in and checking our bags without him present if we are all on the same reservation?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: curbside checkin when only 2 out of 3 people present from group reservation

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@hagueac1 

There are a couple ways you can handle this

1. Your husband can drop you and your son off with all of the luggage at the sky cap. If you have 4 bags your checking or less you could check 2 under you and 2 under your son (as long as your son has his own ticket not a lap child). They can print the boarding passes for you and your son (probably your husbands as well) then you could meet just before security to give him his boarding pass if they printed it for you or if they didn't print it for some reason he can stop by the self service check in and print the pass in about 30 seconds by entering the confirmation number or inserting his ID.  Then you could all go though security and be on your way. If he has a mobile boarding pass he could use that as well.

2 if you have more than 4 checked bags he could drop you off with all the luggage and you could wait for him off to the side somewhere while he parks the car and when he arrives you could all check your bags and get your boarding passes and be on your way. 

You may ask why would we wait if we have more than 4 bags because each ticketed person gets 2 bags free so by waiting on your husband you can check the extra bags for free. Unfortunately you can't check bags for him as he would need to be present to show his ID.

Hope this helps

Blake

Re: curbside checkin when only 2 out of 3 people present from group reservation

SWDigits
Aviator A
Also note that "customers traveling with children will be allowed to check one stroller and one Child Restraint System (CRS) or car seat per child without charge. This is in addition to the regular free baggage allowance."

More detail: https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/baggage/carryon-bags-pol.html?CLK=SITESEARCH

Customer | Home airport DCA