Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

mobile boarding pass

sillijools5
Explorer C

Mobile Boarding pass was something I loved but not able to get anymore.

My husband & I book travel and would rather have e-tickets for our mobile wallet but it's not an option.

This was an option previously, has something changed that we're not allowed?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: mobile boarding pass

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Mobile boarding passes are not available if both of you are on the same reservation/confirmation or flying internationally. If you'd like, you can make individual reservations for each of you and then you can use mobile boarding passes. Of course that also means you have to check-in individually or purchase EBCI (or have automatic check-in via A-List, or purchase Business Select fares, or upgrade boarding position at the gate). Not ideal, but that's the scenario. Lots of complaints about being unable to use mobile boarding passes when more than one person is on a reservation.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Good news! It looks like mobile boarding passes are now available for multi passenger reservations, at least with the Android app.

20180615_091115.jpg

--TheMiddleSeat

ronnpj
Explorer B

OK, so Lindsey can you please respond to this?

As we all know this issue has been very frustrating for all of us for years now.

I see the notice posted but has anyone actually been able to confirm they got multiple boarding passes on their phone for a flight lately?

I guess you have if you got it to work on your Android device.

Please, can we hear any detailed status from a SW employee?

Thanks.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @ronnpj,

Yes, multiple boarding passes are really available now. We know it's been a passion point for our Customers, so we're excited to make it available to them. Do you have a specific question about how it works? Hope you have the chance to use this new feature soon!

ronnpj
Explorer B

Lindsey,

Got a flight coming up on 7/26 and we'll see how check in goes.

Thanks,

Ron