Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

purchase Early Bird with ticket?

echos2
Explorer C

On the Early Bird FAQ, it says, "EarlyBird Check-In can be purchased as part of the original flight purchase or added to a flight after purchase." https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/faqs.html?topic=earlybird_checkin

I cannot see how to purchase Early Bird Check-In while I'm purchasing my flight. As a result, this charge isn't on my overall flight receipt.

Yes, I was able to purchase separately and I received the email with the separate receipt, but can Early Bird Check-In be purchased when purchasing a flight or not? I believe I've done so in the past, but I was not able to today. It's annoying having to complete two transactions when it seems like one should suffice.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: purchase Early Bird with ticket?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yes, it can be added and purchased as part of the flight purchase. Right under the "Who's Flying?" section on southwest.com is a big yellow box with the option to add EarlyBird for $15 more. On the Android app there's a slider button under the Your Trip portion of the purchase screen.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

echos2
Explorer C

Ah, man, how did I miss that? <rhetorical/>

I think it's because 1) my who's flying info is already completed so I don't look very closely at that and 2) it looks like an ad.

Thanks! I'll know for next time.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@echos2 wrote:

Ah, man, how did I miss that? <rhetorical/>

I think it's because 1) my who's flying info is already completed so I don't look very closely at that and 2) it looks like an ad.

Thanks! I'll know for next time.

It is an ad - as @chgoflyer points out this is a major source of revenue for Southwest! I'm sure you'll catch it next time, it was different positioning with the website re-design.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.