Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2-ticket multiple passenger

Kmorroe
Explorer C

I've traveled with my husband for several years on Southwest.  In the past, I don't recall having difficulty in getting our boarding passes on my phone.  I thought I had even transferred his over to him.  However, the past couple of trips I haven't been able to download the boarding passes.  I'm taking another trip with my elderly mother this week.  I'm really hoping this problem is resolved before our trip, as I'll already have my hands full traveling with my mom.  Does anybody know if this has been fixed? 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: 2-ticket multiple passenger

franktravel
Aviator B

All passengers that are eligible to obtain a printed boarding pass should be able to utilize the mobile boarding pass option. However, passengers traveling on certain types of fares may not be eligible. Infants, unaccompanied minors, individuals traveling on Senior Fares that need to be age verified, nonrevenue passengers, those traveling on multi-passenger itineraries, and Military Fares are not eligible to receive a mobile boarding pass.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Mobile boarding passes have never been available for itineraries with more than one passenger. Yes, this makes no sense. It's a limitation of Southwest's outdated systems. 😞

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Kmorroe,

This issue has been brought up in several other threads on this board. Our Mobile Team is aware that the ability to retrieve mobile boarding passes for a multiple passenger PNR is a passion point for our Customers, and they are taking it into consideration. Thanks for throwing your voice in the ring!

nnguy
Explorer C

Here's another voice in the ring!  Just returned from a trip, with my wife, where it was a pain to receive a message that we needed to visit a kiosk or wait in line at a ticket counter in order to print our boarding passes.  It makes no sense in this day and time for this issue to have continued to frustrate customers.  What is even more frustrating is the amount of resources that are wasted across the country on a daily basis for this requirement by Southwest, even though most companies, including mine, took the paperless leap many years ago. 

aprstacey
Explorer C

This is an unfortunate change in policy.   We book together because we travel together, but more importantly we do not want to create waste.   In addition, I've had a horrible experience on another airline where I booked separately from my friend, the plane changed to a different size, so my friend and I were put in different locations on the plane because "we were not on the same confirmation!!!!"  This was horrible I had 3 legs in this 12 hour trip, so ever since then I book together.    Please make this change, not only for the families to avoid such an issue but also for the environment.   SW has one of the best apps, except for this inconvenience.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

FYI: It's not new, it's always been this way. Mobile boarding passes have never been available for itineraries with more than one passenger. This "oversight" is a pretty big one, and a major negative for Southwest.

Haclayton
Explorer C

When will this be fixed???

MIKEMAIN
Explorer C

Why hasnt this been ugraded its been over a year since original post and SW said they're working on it??