Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A List boarding

mmaffei16
Explorer C

I am an A-List member and I purchased a ticket for another individual, using my own RR number.

Will this individual get an A group ticket with me automatically? Or will I need to check in to receive their boarding position?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Re: A List boarding

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Perhaps you used your RR points to purchase the 2nd ticket or were logged into your account when making the purchase, but your RR account and A-List status is not associated with the ticket for the other individual. Only the actual person who has earned A-List status will receive the benefits of the status when flying. The other individual will need to check-in at 24 hours prior to departure or purchase EarlyBird Check-In.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Also, if you didn't use points, you'll want to add their RR number to the reservation, so that they can earn points on their ticket.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Be sure the ticket was issued in the other person's name. If you logged in to your southwest account, and used your rapid rewards number, it is likely the system automatically put your name in the passenger name field. I'm not sure what would happen with a mismatch between rr# and passenger name

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@mmaffei16 wrote:

I am an A-List member and I purchased a ticket for another individual, using my own RR number.

Will this individual get an A group ticket with me automatically? Or will I need to check in to receive their boarding position?

Thanks,

Did you purchase two tickets, one for you and one for the other person? Or just paying cash for another individual's ticket?

The software will know that they are not you if the name was entered correctly. You'll need to correct the RR# for them in order to see the ticket in their own account or on the app.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.