Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: A-list, no option for purchase EB for next year when I'm not A-list

dfwskier
Aviator A

@narimansodeifi wrote:

UPDATE:

Well, I took the lazy path and waited until Jan 1 to just add EB to my flight.  

Mistake.  

On Jan 2nd, I logged into my southwest account, search for early bird and it took me to EB page.  I entered my Confirmation number.  The site poped up an error saying I'm not eligible for EB. 

What!!!!!

I waited until it was 2019 and I was no longer A-list member and it still would not let me add early bird.  There was a phone number on the error message to call Southwest support. 
After 40 min wait, support person came online.  

I explained the whole thing.
She said waiting for new year won't change the fact that the ticket purchased was associated with A-List member and just because it is new year, that won't change anything.    ......

Thanks for coming back and sharing what you found out..  You might be helping someone else a year from now that runs into the same situation,

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

What do you know...I have one of these as well for next Saturday, so I popped over since I could add EBCI to my upcoming flight as well and sure enough, it still shows A-list on the reservation online and isn't offering me EBCI option to purchase.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

What do you know...I have one of these as well for next Saturday, so I popped over since I could add EBCI to my upcoming flight as well and sure enough, it still shows A-list on the reservation online and isn't offering me EBCI option to purchase.

I wonder if it would still give you the A List benefits since it was booked before you lost A List. The reason I wonder this is because a few years a go when I originally earned A List I didn't get my A List benefits until I had all my reservations refreshed (number removed and re added)  I learned this the hard way the first A List eligible flight because I didn't check in until I got to the airport and had the painful C11 boarding pass