Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

App and Mobile Not Working Correctly

robertjoneaton
Explorer C

Hello All,

I have the SW app whenever I try to view my reservations I receive an error code 500999999. I have tried getting in online on my phone as well through mobile.southwest.com but receive the error. I have an iphone and the only way I have been able to view my reservation and am assuming to check in is through my desktop at this point. Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: App and Mobile Not Working Correctly

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B

The Southwest App generally only works on the newer operating systems so if you have an older iphone, that could be the issue.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@basslaw2010 wrote:

The Southwest App generally only works on the newer operating systems so if you have an older iphone, that could be the issue.

@robertjoneatonare you current on your iOS updates?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

katfly
Explorer C

I have the same issue.  I have an iPhone X and have completed all updates.  I have even deleted the app and re-downloaded it from the App Store.  Still getting the error message 500999999 Something must have gone wrong.  Try again later.  This has been happening for a couple of weeks.  Anyone find a resolution to this?

Explorer C

Another person having log on issues with the app. I get error message 404040404.

Emmasmithsss
Explorer C

for me it was working smooth on my android phone when it was running on android version 6.0.1 however as I have updated to android version 7.1.1 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey,

For the late response, hope this is worth it:

Usually a hard restart, or a re-sync of the app/play store works with the redownloading.

Hope this helps, and please reach out for any future assistance,

Zev

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

gsking
Aviator C

Having this problem... None of the solutions work.  Must be a back end issue

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Sorry for the frustration, @gsking. Can you tell me what  iOS version you're running and what Southwest app version you're running (which can be looked up at the bottom of the navigation menu)?

Thanks!

Nicole
Community Manager

gsking
Aviator C

6.8.1 on two different Android phones.  Both started not working at the same time, and only showed some of my flights.  I reinstalled the app on one phone , and now it shows NO flights.