Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

App does not work at the airport

shalms
Explorer C

Since I downloaded the app to my phone, I have tried to use it twice at the airport (once in Houston and now in Baltimore) only to have it say "Something must have gone wrong. Please try again." It works fine when I am not at the airport. I tried it in the car on the way and it was fine. Please advise. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: App does not work at the airport

nickinoshkosh
Explorer C

Most airport wifi systems require you to "log in" by accepting a terms and conditions disclaimer in your browser before you continue using it. Did your phone auto-connect to the terminal wifi system perhaps? You could either:

A. Turn off the wifi on your device before launching the Southwest app, therefore forcing your device to use carrier data and bypassing any such wifi block.

B. Open your browser and browse to a few websites first to verify you have internet connectivity, then launch the Southwest app.

Re: App does not work at the airport

bstrojny
Explorer C

The SW mobile app totally blows. They must have paid someone's nephew to create it. Regardless of internet connection keep getting a message "Something must have gone wrong".....Ya think?????  Fix it. This aint 2003.