Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Apple Wallet

immortalsix
Explorer C

I noticed I am unable to download my boarding pass to Apple Wallet for my flight from Denver to St Louis tomorrow.  I tried to text it to my phone which didn't work so I tried checking in (again) from the SW app (iPhone 7) and it worked until I hit the add to Apple Wallet button and it said it was unable to download.  Anyone else having this issue?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Apple Wallet

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @immortalsix,

I'm sorry you ran into a snag when trying to use the Apple Wallet. 

iOS (version 8 or higher) users can check in and save their boarding pass directly to Apple Wallet from the mobile site or app, and it usually works without a hitch. Make sure you're following the steps below, and if that doesn't work, try deleting and reloading the app.

While viewing the boarding pass on the app tap the ‘Add to Apple Wallet’ button directly under the barcode. This will display your boarding pass. Tap ‘Add’ on the top-right corner of the screen to save your boarding pass to Apple Wallet. For saving passes from an email, open the attachment found at the bottom the email, tap ‘Add to Apple Wallet’ and follow the same steps above.

terrywright
Explorer C

that did not resolve my problem.  Did you stop supporting Wallet?  I have the current iOS installed.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi Terry. After further digging, we've learned that this situation was a bug. The new boarding passes weren’t supposed to go out, and for some reason Customers got a little taste of them accidentally on Thurs/Fri. iOS users seem to have gotten the iPad version of the new boarding pass, which does not have an “Add to Apple Wallet” button, because iPad is not compatible with Apple Wallet.  We are currently working out the kink. Rest assured, we'll have that option in an even better format when it's set to be available in an upcoming release. Thank you so much for your feedback as we're always working to improve our product!

Nicole
Community Manager

Seat_Amigo_App
Explorer B

Great job Southwest - way to be responsive.

Rusty Shaffer

CEO

www.seatamigo.com

Markjwhalen
Explorer C

Hi, it seems to be happening again? With new IOS 13.1.2, I can no longer see an option to add my boarding pass to Apple Wallet?

HarleyFlyer
Explorer C

New Boarding pass on iOS 13.2 no longer has button to add to Apple wallet.  Worked last week but I believe the boarding pass was different instead of all blue like below.

CE53FD0C-20B9-4772-82D2-AAAFB82BB5DF.jpeg

Doberholzer
Explorer C

We are having the same issue.  Yesterday we added the pass to our Apple wallet for a flight today.  

Today for a flight Friday the pass is all blue and fills the screen with no option to add to wallet.  

atxdavid
Explorer C

Having the same issue.  Hopefully this is fixed - or we have a workaround - quickly!

SWDigits
Aviator A

You may also want to get in touch directly vwith Southwest, the "Contact Us" link has the Southwest Twitter handle.

Most of us here are other customers.  Though there are moderators here I think you'll see faster response through Twitter.

Customer | Home airport DCA