Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boardin pass

Wilcoxtc
Explorer C

Anyone know why I can’t download a boarding pass to my smartphone? No sense using the mobile app if it doesn’t send you the boarding pass

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Boardin pass

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Not all itineraries or fare types are eligible for a mobile boarding pass. As you didn't provide more details it's difficult to say what your exact issue is. You can still check-in via the app, but will have to get the boarding pass at the airport. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Are you on an international flight for instance?

When you check in can you use the “text me” a boarding pass option and does the graphic download as a picture?

what type of phone and OS software version, and app version?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Are all passengers eligible to use a mobile boarding pass?

All passengers that are eligible to obtain a printed boarding pass should be able to utilize the mobile boarding pass option. However, passengers traveling on certain types of fares may not be eligible. Infants, unaccompanied minors, individuals traveling on Senior Fares that need to be age verified, nonrevenue passengers, and Military Fares are not eligible to receive a mobile boarding pass.

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

If you have a large group that can happen too!

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

To add, have you tried opening a PDF on your phone? As in, email it from your computer to your phone and open it there?

Hope this helps,

ZevSupport

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger