Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding passes for connecting flight

sjscherf70
Explorer C

My wife and I will be flying from Milwaukee to Las Vegas the end of October. We are flying from Milwaukee to Denver, have a 1 1/2 hour layover, then change planes and fly from Denver to Las Vegas. Having never flown with a connecting flight before, I was wondering how the checkin works. When I check in online 24 hourse before our flight from Milwaukee, will I be able to print our boarding passes for the Milwaukee to Denver flight and also the Denver to Las Vegas flight? Or will I only be able to print the Milwaukee to Denver flight passes, then have to check in at the gate counter for our Denver to Vegas flight to get our boarding passes for that flight? Thanks in advance for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Boarding passes for connecting flight

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

When you check in for the first flight on your itinerary, that will check you in for your connecting flight and you will be able to print the boarding passes for your connecting flight as well.

sjscherf70
Explorer C

Thanks for the info! That's kind of how I thought it would work. Always good to know a few weeks in advance than to wait until the day of the flight! 🙂

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sjscherf70 wrote:

Thanks for the info! That's kind of how I thought it would work. Always good to know a few weeks in advance than to wait until the day of the flight! 🙂

Yes - even though the DEN -> LAS  flight would technically be ~3 hours prior to the 24-hour check-in, you are still able to check-in for the connecting flight(s) at the same time as your departure check-in...that regard the connecting passengers get to jump the line a little compared to people that would only be flying the DEN -> LAS flight only.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.