Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boeing 737 MAX 8 FAQs

am7315
Explorer C

I HAVE A FLIGHT FROM CANCUN TO Chicago  SATURDAY 3/16 flight 231 at 600 pm I check and it said it is a 737-700 so I should be good, correct?   also I have a friend flying back the day before and she tried to check in 24 hours prior but she got a message that she need to check in at airport.  Why is that shouldn’t we be able to check in on line? Does this have something g to do with737 max issue?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Boeing 737 MAX 8 FAQs

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@am7315 

As long as there is no aircraft swap your plane should be good to go. 

With your friend being told to check in at the airport i am not sure if that has to do with the max or not usually I would see that error if trying to check in less than an hour before the flight or if I am too early. I would say if you get that error try it a couple more times if you still get it wait a bit try once again if that doesnt work then I would check in at the airport.

Happy travels!

Blake

Re: Boeing 737 MAX 8 FAQs

dfwskier
Aviator A

@am7315 wrote:

I HAVE A FLIGHT FROM CANCUN TO Chicago  SATURDAY 3/16 flight 231 at 600 pm I check and it said it is a 737-700 so I should be good, correct?   also I have a friend flying back the day before and she tried to check in 24 hours prior but she got a message that she need to check in at airport.  Why is that shouldn’t we be able to check in on line? Does this have something g to do with737 max issue?

There is some possibility that the airline has had to switch aircraft.

Was your friend was originally scheduled out of a 737 max8 or 737-800?  If it now shows a 737-700

the problem may be not enough seats for everyone that bought tickets as the earlier planes seat 175 while the later one only seats 143,

Your friend might try a twitter or e-mail question, but things are pretty jammed up due to cancellations. There are reports of long waits for return calls. That might be better than having your friend go to the airport and be told there is no seat available.