Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can’t View Standby List Details on IOS mobile app

Cparsons
Explorer C

I was added to a standby list on Thursday. The flight info showed up in the app, but the link that said click here for details said I needed to enable location services. It even said go to settings, privacy, location services.  There is no SW app under this area to turn on location services.  There is no other place that I can find in settings either, so I could never see details.  This seems to be a bug in the iOS mobile app. 

This is is the same on my iPhone 8 and iPad.   

Suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can’t View Standby List Details on IOS mobile app

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

I think go to your settings in your iPhone then scroll all the way down to see all your apps and click on southwest. From there the first line should be location services and you can togggle on and off 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bgubs14 wrote:

I think go to your settings in your iPhone then scroll all the way down to see all your apps and click on southwest. From there the first line should be location services and you can togggle on and off 

@CparsonsI see it in two places on my iOS. As @bgubs14 described you can enable location services as notifications by app by scrolling down under the main settings menu. 

I also have under Settings > Privacy > location services toggle is the master enabler, and then by app you can scroll down to Southwest's app to allow "always", "while I use the app", and "Never" for location services.

Also you likely will want to allow cellular data for Southwest's app while you are in there.

There should be some new Lyft functionality as well if you allow location services so that the app can see you are at or headed to select airports.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Location services is a function that resides within your phone's operating system, and not any app.

I'm not using an Apple phone, but on my Andoid device I get into it by clickng settings, then general, then location. I suspect it's something like than with a phone on an IOS operating system.

NG_NEAR
Explorer C

I am experiencing the same issue.

Within the Southwest Airlines, Location Services reads, “ To enable Location Services, go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services”

Unfortunately, the Southwest Airlines App does not show up under “Location Services”.  Other apps are available.  

Works on the Android Note 9 but not iPhone X iOS 12.0(16A366).

Any resolution?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@NG_NEAR wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue.

Within the Southwest Airlines, Location Services reads, “ To enable Location Services, go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services”

Unfortunately, the Southwest Airlines App does not show up under “Location Services”.  Other apps are available.  

Works on the Android Note 9 but not iPhone X iOS 12.0(16A366).

Any resolution?

Go to Settings and scroll down to the Southwest App there to access the locatoin services and cellular data buttons.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jessmacintire
Explorer C

Found a fix. Go to book a flight. Click the “From” box and when that opens click “current location”. When I did that it automatically fixed the problem.