Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Check in on mobile

BJTred
Explorer C

I checked in to the flight on my mobile app and was given a page with my assignment and a scannable QR code (think that's what they're called).  Now what do I do with that.  Do I show it at the counter when checking my bags and they'll give me a paper one, or do I just use my phone to get me through security?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Check in on mobile

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Hello 

there are a couple of ways you can check in and go through security allow me to explain 

You can use your phone as your boarding pass so when you check your bags you can check in at the counter by just giving them your name and ID you won't need to show them your mobile boarding pass you can then go on to security and you would then present your phone and scan your phone with the  TSA agent and your ID and you can proceed to your gate or grab food. Once it's time for boarding you can then pull up your boarding pass and line up with your group A B or C and find your place in the line 1-30 on one side and 31-60 on the other side of the poles. You can then scan your pass with the ops agent and you will be good to go. If you have a connecting flight be sure you are scanning the correct pass. It's also best to have your brightness all the way up when you go through security and when boarding that way the scanners can read the pass and say your good to go. If you want to use the mobile boarding pass I would recommend taking a screenshot of the pass that way you don't have to worry about the app logging you out when you need the pass or if you get a delay and the pass jumps off of your app. 

alternatively you can walk up to the check in counter and give them your name and ID and ask for a printed boarding pass which you can then use at security and again at the gate for boarding. I do this just in case my phone were to fight me and then I would be holding up people so by having the paper pass I can just go here you go and be on my way should my phone act up. You can have both the mobile pass and printed boarding pass and it won't hurt anything just pick which one you want to scan. 

Hope this helps 

Blake 

Re: Check in on mobile

BJTred
Explorer C

Thanks that helps alot!