Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Check-in on one reservation with multiple flights on different days

Gmcclave
Explorer C

I will be flying from RSW to DAL to OAK on one day and fly from OAK to HNL the next day. These flights are all on the same reservation/confirmation number. When I check-in 24 hours before the first flight out of RSW will I be assigned my boarding position for all 3 flights to HNL? I hope so as i will be on the RSW to DAL flight 24 hours before the OAK to HNL flight and might not be able to check-in if the Southwest WiFi is not working. Don't really want to do early chech-in as it is $25 for each day.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Check-in on one reservation with multiple flights on different days

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Gmcclave wrote:

I will be flying from RSW to DAL to OAK on one day and fly from OAK to HNL the next day. These flights are all on the same reservation/confirmation number. When I check-in 24 hours before the first flight out of RSW will I be assigned my boarding position for all 3 flights to HNL? I hope so as i will be on the RSW to DAL flight 24 hours before the OAK to HNL flight and might not be able to check-in if the Southwest WiFi is not working. Don't really want to do early chech-in as it is $25 for each day.

If you booked RSW / DAL / OAK and separately did OAK / HNL (even if on the same confirmation number ), then you'll have to check in for OAK / HNL.   In order to avoid the separate check in you would have had to book RSW / HNL (with however many intermediate stops), and I don't think you can do that.

It sounds like you have three options:

1) Check in when you can

2) EBCI

3) Have a friend check you in at t-24.

Gmcclave
Explorer C

I actually used the multi-city booking option with the RSW/OAK one day and the OAK/HNL.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Gmcclave wrote:

I actually used the multi-city booking option with the RSW/OAK one day and the OAK/HNL.

I think that's what I said: you did not book RSW/HNL.

So you've got two distinct and separate flights RSW/OAK and OAK/HNL. That means you have two distinct and separate check ins.

bec102896
Aviator A

The multi city reservation is to me is like 2 one way tickets on the same confirmation number you check in for the one way RSW-OAK at t-24 hours and then you check in for OAK-HNL at t-24 hours for that one way. 

Hope this helps

Blake

jksobonya
Aviator A

No. I see where you were going with this, but these are 2 separate flights on two separate days, and thus require 2 separate check ins.

If every flight was connected by layovers, then you would only need one check in. 

--Jessica

Gmcclave
Explorer C

Thanks all. Guess the multi-city booking wasn't such a good choice in this situation. My wife and I could check in for the first flight RSW/DAL/OAK 24 hours ahead but the next day flight OAK/HNL we will be on the first days flight to DAL 24 hours ahead. We could check in for this flight during the flight to DAL but can't be sure the Southwest WiFi will be working. Have been on multiple Southwest flights where the WiFi isn't working. To guarantee we sit together on the OAK/HNL flight we decided one of us would do the early checkin. But since we booked all this with the multi-city booking option we have to pay $25 for both days flights.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Gmcclave you may want to reach out to the Twitter team or give Southwest a call (click "Contact Us" for the Twitter handle) to see if there is an option for them to split up the reservation for you or to see if there is an alternate way to apply Early Bird for just the one day.

If you go the Twitter route don't post any flight or personal information publicly.

Customer | Home airport DCA

bec102896
Aviator A

You should be able to add EB to the OAK-HNL flight since it’s not a connection but more like a one way in the multi city reservation. If you have the mobile app you can do it there by clicking “add Early Bird check in” in the hamburger menu or as SWDigits mentioned you could reach out on Twitter or make a quick call to reservations 800-435-9792. 

-Blake 

johnjam101
Explorer A

That sounds like a smart way to go. $25. and avoid your anxiety of sitting apart.