Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Checking In

AN90
Explorer A

This is my first flight with Southwest, and my upcoming trip is fastly approaching.  My departure flight is at 9:15 am, and my return flight is at 9:35 am.  Could someone guide me  on the best check-in procedures?  I know I need to check in 24 hours before each flight, but  Is it best to log in via laptop in order to print boarding passes? Or can I do all of the check ins from my phone?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Checking In

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@AN90 

First off welcome to Southwest Airlines!

you can check in on your phone (via the SW mobile site or mobile app) or laptop which ever is easier for you. It’s best to check in at exactly 24 hours before (or as close as possible) to get the best boarding position. If you check in on the app and want to print your boarding pass later you can always check in again from a computer later and it won’t hurt your already reserved boarding position. If you don’t want to print your boarding pass you can always take advantage of Mobile boarding which I find very easy and convenient to use. 

If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask! 

Hope this helps

Blake 

AN90
Explorer A

Thank you!  So if I check in 24 hours in advance on my phone, could I wait until I got to the airport to print my boarding passes from the kiosk at the airport? Or is it better to go ahead and get those beforehand? I will be checking bags (no carry ons), so I have to go to the counter anyway.  There are 4 of us traveling together, and I will be printing all the boarding passes.

bec102896
Aviator A

@AN90 wrote:

Thank you!  So if I check in 24 hours in advance on my phone, could I wait until I got to the airport to print my boarding passes from the kiosk at the airport? Or is it better to go ahead and get those beforehand? I will be checking bags (no carry ons), so I have to go to the counter anyway.  There are 4 of us traveling together, and I will be printing all the boarding passes.

Yes you can check in from your phone and the agent at the ticket counter (or the kiosk) can print off your boarding passes for you while checking your bags. 

-Blake 

AN90
Explorer A

Thank you for all your help!