Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Checking in at MCO

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

The Orlando Airport website says that "Airline check-in services are available for passengers flying on Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest and United, on level “R1” of the A and B parking garages." I have never seen these checkin counters in the parking garagae. Anyone know where they are?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Checking in at MCO

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I've only used the rental car section of the garage, I don't remember these there but I'll be on the lookout next time. Usually I have my mobile pass already and need to check baggage anyway, so I could have walked right past them.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Services like this are usually run by a SkyCab company, not by each airline, which means they often aren't labeled as clearly as an airline check-in counter. I'm assuming this is the info you saw on the airport site? 

Yes, airline check-in services are available for passengers flying on Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest and United, on level “R1” of the A and B parking garages. The complimentary service allows passengers to check their luggage (airline baggage fees apply) and receive boarding passes before even entering the terminal, as long as they check-in at least 90 minutes and no more than 4 hours prior to original flight departure time. The “A” Garage location is located on the west end and the “B” Garage location is on the east end (i.e. the ends nearest the entrance ramps).

I also found this interesting valet/bag check combination: http://www.news.maketraveleasier.com/bags-launches-valet-parking-curbside-check-orlando-internationa...

In Denver there's a multi-airline bag check under the hotel near the train platform, but it requires bags to be checked much earlier than I typically arrive at the airport so I have to use the Southwest counter instead. I think the cutoff is 90-120 minutes prior? I see it's 90 minutes in Orlando, way too early for me. 

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

Yes, TMS, that is the information I saw in the FAQs section. I was wondering if R1 is the level where the rental cars are. I have returnded cars there many times but have never seen the checkin counters.