Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Checking-in for two people

vhelter
Explorer C

I booked two tickets--one in my name, the other in my husband's. When I check-in 24 hours in advance, do I check in just once using the confirmation number? If both are done with one check-in, will we get the same boarding position or two different boarding positions? Thanks--we usually book our own separately!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Checking-in for two people

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

If you are both on the same reservation, you will both be checked in together!

Happy flying.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

vhelter
Explorer C

Thanks so much!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Just to add on a bit, your boarding positions may not be exactly one after the other, but they should at least be close. There are exceptions that could result in a larger separation because of someone else on the flight canceling their boarding pass or if one of you has A-List status.

--TheMiddleSeat

vhelter
Explorer C

Thanks--this knowledge is helpful as my husband has post-surgical issues!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@vhelter wrote:

Thanks--this knowledge is helpful as my husband has post-surgical issues!

In that case you may also want to inquire about preboarding or if you just want more time to board you can board the between the A and B groups.

"Preboarding is available for Customers who have a specific seating need to accommodate their disability and/or need assistance in boarding the aircraft or stowing an assistive device" 

If you are checking bags you can ask about these options at the ticket counter, or ask the gate agent at the gate. 

--TheMiddleSeat