Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Checking in without a phone

pamelanz
Explorer C

I'll be arriving at LAX from NZ then wanting to transfer to a SouthWest flight. Can I just go to the SouthWest counter and check in without checking in online? How much time do I need to allow before the SW departure time? I will have a bag to be checked in. I want to be sure I leave myself enough time so don't miss my SW flight. Suggestions welcome.  Thank you. Pamela

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Checking in without a phone

franktravel
Aviator B

Yes, You can check in at the Southwest counter @ LAX . The suggested arrival time is 90 min before the flight time.  You will also arrive at the international terminal and will need extra time to clear customs and get to the Southwest terminal. 

LAXLAX

Re: Checking in without a phone

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Be aware that your boarding position assignment will be based on the time you check in. Checking in at the airport just before your flight will likely give you a very late boarding position. If an earlier position is desirable, consider checking in or having someone you trust check you in twenty-four hours prior to your scheduled departure. Another option would be to purchase EarlyBird Check-In.