Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Contact SWA - hold time over 50 minutes!!

Trapper909
Explorer C

Is there a better number to call or why have I been on call for over 50 minutes!?!?!  I am trying to upgrade and need to call the number to do so - HELP!!

I called 800-435-9792

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Contact SWA - hold time over 50 minutes!!

Trapper909
Explorer C

20 more minutes on hold - seriously?  I have to fly today and no response doesn't make me very comfortable at all!

Trapper909
Explorer C

Okay - thinking it was a mistake and possible that I got lost in a queue after 71 mintes, I hung up and redialed only to be told the wait time was 73 minutes when I dialed in the second time!!!!!!!!!  UNBELIEVABLE.  SWA - you are BETTER than this!!!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Long hold times are sadly pretty common these days. Whenever there is any weather or IT issues this happens. 😞

What do you mean by "upgrade"?

You might be able to do what you need online.

jamiejackson752
Explorer C

My husband tried to call last night and was on hold for an hour and a half.  I am currently on hold and have been for 36 minutes at this point.  Need to make a change I am unable to do online and want to do so before the price changes.  I fly with them all the time and this is extremely frustrating,  

Lfrank
Explorer C

Now it is over 120 minutes!  Between 12pm- 2:30 pm today.  I tried to call ( 14 times) for 2 hours and was both automatically hung up on or received a busy signal at each attempt. It wasn’t for 2 hours that I finally got an automatic prompt/message that informed me of a 120 minute wait via telephone. I was trying to change my daughters reservation for one hour later,  5 minutes before the 1 hour cut-off for departure time so we could keep the value of the ticket.  No such luck. 

Every option I chose for ticket / reservation changes, all other options, help with online services- busy signal or hang up.  After I was convinced that I wouldn’t get anybody on the phone, I went ahead and changed the flight reservation just to be safe, That increased ticked price by $60.00- Then received a flight delay notification for the original flight!!!  She made made it to the airport with 30 minutes prior to departure time. And I could not get her on the flight without another $45 minute charge according to gate agent, she said only reservation line could change ticket.  I'm still trying to get somebody on the phone to get my daughter on an earlier flight than what is showing online. This is ridiculous!