Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Customer Service Rep was not helpful

Sharvey1981
Explorer C

Went to the Southwest Checkin as I sometimes have to do due to the fact the my TSA does not always show up when I load to my wallet. This morning I arrive there handed the rep my license and global entry card as I normally do. I informed her that I needed a boarding pass to show my TSA.  She didn’t even look at my TSA card and mediately told me that she’s sees my TSA in the system. She proceeds to tell me that if I have an issue with TSA not showing on my boarding pass I need to take that up with TSA and not her. I kindly explained that sometimes my iPhone Wallet App doesn’t show the TSA and I always come to the desk to get the TSA printed on the boarding pass as the TSA agents have instructed me to do in all occasions this has happened to me. My issue is I’ve never had a problem getting TSA added and I’ve not dealt with a rep from Southwest so rude and unwilling to help. I’m a very dissatisfied customer and would like this situation rectified. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Customer Service Rep was not helpful

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you view the boarding pass in the Southwest app or on southwest.com does the PreCheck status appear? And it disappears when you transfer to the wallet app? That's an interesting problem with the wallet app if that's happening. 

If that's the case, I would suggest you could perhaps rephrase the request to be "could you please print my boarding pass for me, I'm trying to get my Pre-Check status to show up". 

However, if the Pre-Check status does not appear when viewing the boarding pass in any application then there is an issue with the reservation and then "my Pre-Check status didn't appear on this reservation for some reason, can you please help me?" might yield better results. 

If this is happening often I would recommend you do some troubleshooting to improve reliability of getting Pre-Check to show up. Most often there's a problem with the name in the reservation not matching the name in TSA's system. Middle names and apostrophes are common culprits. I personally had problems when I first obtained Pre-Check, but after some investigating resolved the issue and have not missed out once since then. 

Hopefully you can figure out the issue and enjoy a hassle free Pre-Check experience.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Customer Service Rep was not helpful

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Sharvey1981 wrote:

Went to the Southwest Checkin as I sometimes have to do due to the fact the my TSA does not always show up when I load to my wallet. This morning I arrive there handed the rep my license and global entry card as I normally do. I informed her that I needed a boarding pass to show my TSA.  She didn’t even look at my TSA card and mediately told me that she’s sees my TSA in the system. She proceeds to tell me that if I have an issue with TSA not showing on my boarding pass I need to take that up with TSA and not her. I kindly explained that sometimes my iPhone Wallet App doesn’t show the TSA and I always come to the desk to get the TSA printed on the boarding pass as the TSA agents have instructed me to do in all occasions this has happened to me. My issue is I’ve never had a problem getting TSA added and I’ve not dealt with a rep from Southwest so rude and unwilling to help. I’m a very dissatisfied customer and would like this situation rectified. 

If TSA PreCheck is showing on the app can you use that instead of the wallet? And/or if you don't want to keep the app open, take a screen capture and use the photo to scan through the security checkpoint.

But agree that it should work as intended - maybe another mobile question for @GloriaL to see if there is a known fix.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.