Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Departure Date

lindsayshade4
Explorer C

What happens if I accidentally show up to the airport a day early? So if my flight is on the 7th and I accidentally show up on the 6th? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Departure Date

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

You will have to purchase a new ticket for that day and additional charges would apply.  The difference would be what you originally paid and the price of the new ticket. 

bec102896
Aviator A

You can change your flight and pay the difference in fare I would make the change online though as it may be cheaper than the airport upgrading you to the anytime fare as sometimes a wanna get away fare is available. If you booked a anytime or business select fare you should be able to just change it no problem if seats are available 

if the flights are sold out you could fly standby and then pay the difference in fare 

hope this helps 

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

There is same-day flexibility - advertised for A-list members but sometimes you could be accomodated anyway, or pay the fare difference. 

Day-ahead you have to change your ticket, for one thing depending if you were slightly more than a day early you won't be able to get a boarding pass, so it's not like you can wander on down to the gate and see how it goes.

I don't know if TSA will let you through with a boarding pass for the next day...this might vary by airport, a 24-hour facility might not care as much as regional airports. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.