Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Disappointing

Sheisme03
Explorer C

I am so upset with my recent experience with southwest! I spoke to someone in customer service that was no help at all (Keisha Joiner) and she never attempted to find a resolution for me. I am losing my faith in this airline and will now be looking elsewhere to book. 

I purchased a ticket last night and what i selected to buy was not what I got. I was charged more ansnmy departure time was changed. This is a mess and I am so upset that I trusted southwest with my money!!

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Disappointing

chgoflyer
Aviator A

You can cancel within 24 hours of booking for a full refund. 

Then rebook the correct flight.

Sheisme03
Explorer C

I am in the process of looking to spend money with another airline. I selected the flights I wanted and was charged more than the total said it was plus it changed my departure time.  I escalated and got no where and received the worst experience with southwest.  I travel quite often with southwest... I am so disappointed. 

I want this corrected and if southwest is not willing to assist a loyal customer I will cancel this flight and spend my hard earned dollar elsewhere.

very disappointing that I can remain loyal and they treat me this way! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Sheisme03wrote:

I want this corrected and if southwest is not willing to assist a loyal customer I will cancel this flight and spend my hard earned dollar elsewhere.

If it isn't the correct flight, you can cancel it within 24 hours, then rebook as needed.

Don't mess around trying to change it, you'll end up with flight credit instead of a refund - cancel and rebook is the easiest and has the least chance of a mixup.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Sheisme03
Explorer C

Thanks for the advice David.

I am on the line with Alaska airlines now and they are trying to help me. They are also apologizing for my bad experience with southwest. This is crazy that southwest isn’t owning up to their mistake! 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Southwest's systems do sometimes "run out" of a particular fare during the process of booking it. It's a frequent customer complaint, and, in my opinion a bad way to conduct business online. Especially since there aren't many avenues through which to buy Southwest tickets and Southwest controls them all -- you can only do so on their website(s) or app.

When that happens, you receive an error message stating that the fare is no longer available and showing the new fare. You must accept that new fare in order to complete the purchase. Is this what happened to you?

I've never heard any reports of the system changing the departure time from what was selected.

Unfortunately, if the fare did change then Southwest's response is that there are only so many seats available at a particular fare and they are not guaranteed until the purchase is completed.

In any case, as we've mentioned, you are free to cancel for a full refund (but only if you do so within 24 hours) and then rebook. That doesn't seem to be an acceptable option for you, so I'm guessing that the fare has increased since yesterday?

Sheisme03
Explorer C

This wasn’t the case. I have had it time out and ask me to approve a new total but not this time🙄 it went through charging me more and changing my flight time!  I am so not happy !!!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Gotcha. That's very odd... I've never heard reports of the system doing anything like that before. I'm assuming you didn't take any screenshots or have any other proof that what you selected wasn't what you received? (Because, who would?)

I'm still not understanding why you just don't cancel and rebook. Has the price increased?

Sheisme03
Explorer C

Lol I actually do because I sent the screen shot showing the total to my fiancé. So yes I have proof and it shows the time on the phone too. Southwest really needs to make things right ! 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Then I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Relations on Monday. 

@Sheisme03wrote:

Lol I actually do because I sent the screen shot showing the total to my fiancé. So yes I have proof and it shows the time on the phone too. Southwest really needs to make things right !