Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Check In

Lizzylizz59
Explorer C

I’m confused. Early Bird Check In is available 36 hours preflight, so I can Ck in but I can’t print my boarding pass until 24 hrs preflight? Am I correct?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Early Bird Check In

bec102896
Aviator A

When you buy Early Bird check in southwest will automatically check you in 36 hours before your flight after A List customers and you would be checked in based on when you bought Early Bird. you wont be able to obtain your boarding pass until 24 hours before your flight but you don't have to check in at the 24 hour mark since your pass is already reserved so you could wait to check in until you get to the airport if you wanted.

hope this helps 

Blake 

OceanGal
Explorer C

Will I be assigned a seat if I do the Early Bird Check In? I hope to be seated next to a window, would I be guarenteed a window seat for the $40?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@OceanGal wrote:

Will I be assigned a seat if I do the Early Bird Check In? I hope to be seated next to a window, would I be guarenteed a window seat for the $40?

Hello. Southwest does not assign seats. You board the plane and pick the seat you want.

Early Bird Check in does two things:

1) automatically assigns you a boarding position, although you still need to check in to get your boarding pass.

2) Normally assigns a boarding position "good enough" to let you get a window seat, but it is not guaranteed.

Boarding position determines when you can board the plane and pick your seat.