Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Checkin Pricing

SJM007
Explorer C

I recently went on my online travel site to book yet another SWA flight to the west coast. Much to my shock and surprise was an announced increase in th Early-Bird checkin fees. I used to pay the $30 and often thought it was justifiable for what you got. But now....the fee has jumped to $50 and is without doubt an unacceptable increase. The money I have spent on air travel has been quite a lot over the last 10 years. Southwest always seemed to be a consumer focussed airline...but now...I feel I am being unfairly treated with an increase of 68% over the previous charges. This is unfair and unacceptable. I am swearing off SWA and will do all that I can to spread the word that SWA is being another business looking to use and abuse its customers.

Goodbye SWA.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Early Bird Checkin Pricing

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with Southwest's EBCI pricing.

Remember you have the option of checking yourself in at T-24 hours, and you'll normally get a decent boarding position and you won't pay any fee..

Only you can decide whether or not other airlines' nickel and diming passengers with fees is less onerous to you than Southwest's one fee for EBCI, which unlike change fees or baggage fees at other airlines can be avoided by checking yourself in.  If you decide to go with another airline, I hope it works out for you. If you later decide to come back to Southwest, I'm sure the airline will be glad to see you return.