Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check-In

Welcome to the Check-In Board.
Share knowledge about Southwest’s check-in
process and products, and learn from others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Early Bird checkin AFTER normal checking

landonsilla
New Arrival

I just checked in late and got a C22.  Can I purchase the Early Bird Checkin product on this flight NOW and get a significantly better boarding group? Or is this product of no value to me?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Early Bird checkin AFTER normal checking

SWDigits
Solution

No, EarlyBird check-in is for BEFORE boarding positions are assigned. Here is the page with EarlyBird FAQ.

Upgraded Boarding, if any A1-A15 positions are available, is available for purchase at the airport.  Upgraded Boarding page.

Southwest customer | Home airport DCA | Community Chamption

landonsilla
New Arrival

Ok, then why is this option offered to me now at the 12 hour mark before the flight?  That seems somewhat deceptive to try to sell me a product that does absolutely NOTHING for me in my situation. That is very confusing.

SWDigits
Do you have a return leg on your reservation? EarlyBird is available for purchase on both sides of a round trip.

Southwest customer | Home airport DCA | Community Chamption

landonsilla
New Arrival

No, a one way, I am only concerned with this leg. 

You should remove this option if the customer has already checked in.

chgoflyer
Top Contributer

You shouldn't be seeing this option related to your specific flight once you've checked in. I believe (hopefully) that if you tried to add EBCI now (by entering your confirmation number and name on the "regular" EBCI purchase page) you would receive an error message.

As a reminder, this is a customer-to-customer forum -- none of us work for Southwest. To contact them directly, use any of the methods shown at the bottom of this page.

DancingDavidE
Top Contributer

Or if you see the link applying to a different flight it would be valid, the link won't work for a flight already within the 24-hour check-in window.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.