Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early bird?

robr6465
Explorer C

I am flying to NYC from Hobby(houston) on wed (3/28/18) at 5:45am. Should I get the early bird or do you feel i can get a window or aisle seat  at this day/time?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Early bird?

franktravel
Aviator B

I would not because your flight is in 10 days, and you would end up with around the same boarding number anyway. Make sure you check in exactly 24hrs before flight!

"Customers who have purchased Anytime Fares will receive priority over Customers who purchase Early Bird with other fare types. Boarding positions are assigned based on the time stamp of the EarlyBird Check-In purchase relative to passengers within the same fare class".

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you don't want to or can't check-in at 24 hours prior to the flight then you should purchase EarlyBird, even at this late stage, it's better than checking in later than 24 hours prior.  

robr6465
Explorer C

Well since this morning and last few days I could not sleep, decided to check in at Southwest website to see which boarding group I am assigned. Well got lucky and received A52 group from hobby and B2 for connecting flight in St.Louis. Just need to be at airport around 4am tomorrow for my 5:45am flight.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@robr6465

Sounds like you'll catch the sunrise tomorrow morning! We'll have the coffee ready for you when you board!

robr6465
Explorer C

Very excited at flying SW. This will be first time in SW. What time should I be at airport?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I haven't been to Hobby that early in the morning so I don't have first hand experience.

An hour early at Midway is fine for that first flight of the day, are you checking luggage or carrying on?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

If you arrive at 4AM for a 545AM flight, you will have plenty of time at Hobby.  I would probably arrive later, but I am TSA-Pre and very experienced.  Gates 49-51 and Gates 4-5 are the farthest to walk to, but unless you have any challenges with mobility, you should be there with 15 min of exiting security.  Safe and fun travels to you.