Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error when trying to add early bird checkin

patnshan
Explorer C

Hello,

For several weeks, I have been getting an error when trying to add early bird checkin to my flight. 

I have never had this happen in the past. Any ideas?
Pat

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Error when trying to add early bird checkin

bec102896
Aviator A

@patnshan 

Unfortunately until the admin approves the photo I wont be able to see what the error is on the photo.

Is this a UM, buddy pass, or any other non rev booking? Is your flight more than 36 hours away?

If your reservation is not a non rev and it is more than 36 hours away I recommend calling reservations at 800-435-9792 and they would be glad to assist. 

My last guess is maybe your flight is in jeopardy of cancellation because of the MAX grounding so maybe they don't want to sell the EB for a flight that could be canceled (this guess could be way off and your flight may not be affected at all)

Hope this helps

Blake

patnshan
Explorer C

Honestly, that's what I am worried about. I have tried to call but the wait times are outrageous and I haven't been in a position to accept a call back. I will try to call tomorrow. That would be a great way to ruin our spring break, a cancellation. Sure hope not. 
Thanks!
Pat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@patnshan wrote:

Honestly, that's what I am worried about. I have tried to call but the wait times are outrageous and I haven't been in a position to accept a call back. I will try to call tomorrow. That would be a great way to ruin our spring break, a cancellation. Sure hope not. 
Thanks!
Pat

Twitter is a good way to avoid the phone line, and assuming you are a rapid rewards member you may also use LIve Chat within the app although neither Twitter or LIve Chat will be able to take payment to add EB (if it's possible, whatever the holdup is) which would be reserved for online or by calling. Or in person if you live near the airport?

If you opt for twitter don't send any personally idenitfying info (confirmation number) until they ask for a direct message.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@patnshan wrote:

Hello,

For several weeks, I have been getting an error when trying to add early bird checkin to my flight. 

Pat

Hi Pat. I've not heard of this problem before.

How are you trying to pay for EBCI? If via travel funds orgift card, then it would not go through becasue these cannot be used for that purpose.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@patnshan wrote:

Hello,

Pat

Capture.PNG

Just trying to eliminate the obvious - you aren't A-list already right? If you were, then you cannot (and shouldn't need to) buy EBCI.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

patnshan
Explorer C

I am not A list. 

I actually got through to an agent today. They saw the error but had no idea why it was there. The flight is not on the Max, so that wasn't it. Anyway, he was able to override it and get my early checkin added. 

Thanks everyone for the help! I really appreciate it. 
Pat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@patnshan wrote:

I am not A list. 

I actually got through to an agent today. They saw the error but had no idea why it was there. The flight is not on the Max, so that wasn't it. Anyway, he was able to override it and get my early checkin added. 

Thanks everyone for the help! I really appreciate it. 
Pat

Off topic a bit, but just fyi -- not only Max flights are being cancelled due to the grounding, some 737-800s will be canceled as well, as planes are moved around to cover the loss of the Max aircraft.