Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

First time doing any of this, need some advice

KM4JOJ
Explorer C

Hi,

I've never flown commercial, let alone used Early Bird check-in...so I have a couple of questions.

The early board process worked, I'm in a good boarding group. I was going to print these out but my printer is acting up and I was told by someone "oh, we just used a code on our phone last time". Ok, if it worked for others than TSA must be aware and accept them.

The other thing I noticed was while I put my full legal name with the proper suffix on my profile; the suffix doesn't show on my pass. Is this going to be a problem? Do I need to get this corrected somehow? My drivers license naturally has my suffix (Jr.) on it. 

I'm almost a little too excited about this despite the fact I have almost no clue what I'm doing. So I've come to those who have done it before asking for advice.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: First time doing any of this, need some advice

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can retrieve your reservation and boarding pass with barcode using the Southwest app on your phone or just show up at the airport with your ID and get a printed boarding pass when you check your bag or if you're not checking bags you can use a Southwest kiosk to print a boarding pass. The suffix missing should not be a problem, the level of scrutiny is not that high. Enjoy your first flight, Southwest is a great way to travel. Feel free to post any other questions you might have.