Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Frustration

Greschen
Explorer C

Southwest canceled my flight.  They put me on another flight and told me that the fee that I paid for priority boarding would carry over.  When I got my seating position on line, they assigned C27.  Im furious.  I called and was basically told, tough luck.  The fee did not carry over but yet it has not been refunded either.  They said it would take up to 30 days.  Well today is 30 days.  No refund.  This is the straw that broke the camel's back.  Every flight that I have with Southwest has been problematic in some way.  They stuck the fork in me; I'm done.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Frustration

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Hello.

Sorry to hear about your flight cancellation and related problems.

If your flight was cancelled less than 36 hours before the departure time, than your EBCI would have been relatively worthless as all A List and EBCI positions are assigned at 36 hours pre departure time - in essence you would have been the last EBCI position. It's even worse if your cancellation happened less than 24 hours pre departure time as others would have been checking in and taking positions, too.

Id advise  contacting the airline via e-mail and asking for a refund. You can do so by clicking on "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then pick e-mail from the options listed on the top left of the ensuing page.

If SW is unresponsive to your request, protest the charge with your credit card company. The reason would be that you did not get what the airline said you would get. There is a time limit to do this: normally 60 days from the date of the statement containing the charge.