Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Help with booking for first time with internal flights in the USA (I am from UK)

San01
Explorer C

Hi

I am from the UK and have never booked an internal flight in the US before therefore would appreciate some advice.

I have booked tickets (saver) from Washington to Buffalo for next year, do I now need to do anything else? as in the UK I would have to add my passport number but cannot see to do that here.

Would I also be able to have on my phone 4 boarding passes or will it allow me to add 4 different email addresses for the boarding passes for my family.

Any help appreicated

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Help with booking for first time with internal flights in the USA (I am from UK)

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

No additional information (such as a passport number) is needed. When you purchased the tickets you provided birth date and contact information for each passenger and that is used for security screening. Unless you purchased EarlyBird Check-In you will want to check in 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time to obtain your boarding positions. Early-bird Check-In completes this process for you so you don't have to worry about remembering or being available to check in.

If each passenger has a Rapid Rewards account and that account number is on the reservation they can get their boarding pass on a mobile device after they log into the Southwest app. There is also a link to email the boarding pass after check-in is completed, but that provides all boarding passes.

Hope that helps, enjoy your trip, 

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

Re: Help with booking for first time with internal flights in the USA (I am from UK)

San01
Explorer C

That is great, thank you for your help 🙂

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hi.

I think the middleseat got it right.

Question for you --- How did you book your flight on Southwest? It seems that many people outside of the US are unable to do so du to web access issues. Thanks in advance for all those that are having trouble.