Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: There is an error message after i paid with valid travel funds although details rae correct.

karenjoygaston
Explorer C

Yes. We are a family of three in 1 booking. Both the cancelled and the new booking is for us 3. There is just one confirmation no right? However, the travel fund section i clicked after encoding all our names only have space for the confirmation number and one name. So i chose to encode the name of the first passenger.  And i encoded my first name (2names) and last name as listed in the ticket. ERROR. So i tried deleting my 2nd first name still error. Also tried putting my middle name and all other combinations. Still error.

I noted though that when i checked ny travel funds I only have 1 first name then middle name and last name. I dont know what's wrong as i have actually suceeded in using travel fund before when i changed a booking. But this time, i cancelled  another booking and this error happened.

Re: There is an error message after i paid with valid travel funds although details rae correct.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, things get complicated with multi-passenger travel funds. I'd suggest calling so that they can sort it all out. That said, hold times are a bit insane, as Southwest is currently dealing with weather issues, an "operational emergency" stemming from labor issues with their mechanics, and most recently the grounding of their 737 MAX aircraft. If you need to book soon be prepared for a potentially long wait, and if you have some flexibility in when to book you may want to wait until things calm down a bit. Good luck!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@karenjoygaston wrote:

Yes. We are a family of three in 1 booking. Both the cancelled and the new booking is for us 3. There is just one confirmation no right? However, the travel fund section i clicked after encoding all our names only have space for the confirmation number and one name. So i chose to encode the name of the first passenger. 

Another passenger on the forum recently had some sucess by combining travel funds for each passenger so that you end up with fewer items, their issue was having too many travel funds to enter since there was a limit on payment methods.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.