Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Live TSA Pre-Check Q&A at 1:00 CDT

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hello Southwest Community! 

The TSA is making some changes to its Pre✓® Program. We recently published an article about it over on Stories - you can check it out here

If you have questions about the TSA Pre✓® Program, you can join us today, Wednesday, April 5, on the Check In Board from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. CDT.  Post your questions to the board using the yellow "Start A Discussion" button, and we'll have an expert responding in real time. 

Thanks for being part of the Community!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Live TSA Pre-Check Q&A at 1:00 CDT

dzinermg
Explorer C

I paid to have TSA precheck last year, entered it on my rapid rewards and have always had it show up on my paper ticket when I print it. Last week I assumed it was on the ticket when I was walking threw TSA Precheck and was told to go back through the regular security bc it hadn't shown up on my ticket. The TSA lady told me they will randomly take off my pre-check. Is this true? If so, that's riduclous becuase I paid for this priviledge!! Please adivse

Thanks

KaylaR
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @dzinermg,

What the TSA agent advised is correct. TSA PreCheck, even with a KTN is not guaranteed all the time. While your probability of seeing PreCheck on your boarding pass is significantly higher with your KTN, TSA has the discretion to remove PreCheck from any given flight segment.

-KaylaR

dzinermg
Explorer C

Sad face...don't like that at all. Now I have to double check all the time to make sure its on my ticket!! Thanks for responding to my question 🙂

chgoflyer
Aviator A

From what I understand, the issues may be related to either the old booking system, or the conversion to the new one. One hopes that they dissapear once the new "next egneration reservation system" is fully integrated.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

There are also some known technical issues with Southwest's systems that may cause your KTN to not transfer from your profile, or drop off your itinerary.

Check online using Flight > Manage Reservations > Add Secure Traveler Information, and if your KTN isn't there, add it manually.

If you've already checked in and see that you haven't received PreCheck, a Southwest rep may be able to add your KTN for you either on the phone or at the airport (if this is the culprit) and then you can reprint your boarding pass.

While it's true that PreCheck is never guaranteed, with a properly entered KTN you should be receiving it almost every time. Good luck!