Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost State Drivers License

kfieldhouse68
Explorer C

Son has lost drivers license while on trip to Florida.  He has college ID with photo, birth certificate and copy of passport will this suffice to check a bag and check in for flight?  He will be flying out of PBI and will be meeting with TSA prior to establish identify. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lost State Drivers License

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

While those identifications don't necessarily meet the "government issued id" requirement, I suspect that with the combination of them you'll be fine checking baggage. Just allow extra time to explain your situation to Southwest as you've said you'll do with TSA.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Why only a copy of the passport? The real one would work officially.

He sounds like he is in very good shape compared to people that lose their ID on the way to the airport and have nothing to backup their identity.

Allow some extra time checking in, and probably go to TSA first if you can and then back to Southwest - whatever they give him may work for Southwest, but if you do it in the other order TSA seems less likely to take Southwest's document.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I'm thinking once TSA gives you the ok they're going to want you to continue through security, not go back to Southwest. And I doubt either gives you anything, but just accepts what is presented to them, with some additional questions perhaps. Just my additional two cents.