Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost luggage

Abcramer
Explorer C

My luggage was lost when the baggage clerk in Fort Lauderdale Miss-tagged them and it went to Nashville while I headed to Chicago. They promised to flip it back to me when it arrived in Nashville and I would have my bag just after midnight. It is now 3am and I have nothing.  The claim phone number doesn't answer and when I called reservations and was transferred to central baggage I'll I got was the I'm so sorry dance and there's no updates. Now I am on eternal hold for a supervisor that I am guessing will never come on the line.  I guess the heart logo is just a picture on the side of a plane because I am getting no love during this ordeal. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lost luggage

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

Sorry to hear about the mixup.  Thanks for posting this reminder for people to never pack critical medicines or equipment such as nebulizers in checked luggage.  Also, verify the destination on the luggage receipt (although many folks don't know the three digit airport codes, one should ask if it looks odd.  In this case BNA is Nashville and MDW is Chicago and neither of those look like what an infrequent flyer might expect as the final destination).  I hope your luggage arrives soon.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Abcramer wrote:

My luggage was lost when the baggage clerk in Fort Lauderdale Miss-tagged them and it went to Nashville while I headed to Chicago. They promised to flip it back to me when it arrived in Nashville and I would have my bag just after midnight. It is now 3am and I have nothing.  The claim phone number doesn't answer and when I called reservations and was transferred to central baggage I'll I got was the I'm so sorry dance and there's no updates. Now I am on eternal hold for a supervisor that I am guessing will never come on the line.  I guess the heart logo is just a picture on the side of a plane because I am getting no love during this ordeal. 

Did you wait at MDW or head on into town? 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're saddened to hear this, @Abcramer. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to follow the steps below to reach out via official Customer Service channels. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager