Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile Apps - IPhone & Ipad - can't login?

Chuck3
Explorer C

I downloaded SW's mobile app on both iPhone & iPad and when I go to login on either, it tells me wrong username/password. Username & password work fine when logging in via the web @ southwest.com. 

Any advice or solutions? I've deleted mobile apps on both twice & reloaded them. Still doesn't work. 

Thanks for any help. 

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Mobile Apps - IPhone & Ipad - can't login?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Chuck,

Thanks for posting in the Community. Based on the details you've shared, it sounds like this is a problem we can best troubleshoot with you one-on-one. Please reach out to us on Twitter (@SouthwestAir) or give us a call (1-855-234-4654) and we'll figure out what's going on with your login. 

Chuck3
Explorer C

Thanks for your reply. I ended up using my RR number as my username (not email address) and it worked. Thanks!

DonatoP
Explorer C

My southwest iphone app has worked in the past.  Today when I tried logging in with both user ID and the ff number it didn't work.  I get a message "somehting must have gone wrong.  Try again."

When I use that same userID and pw on your website it worked.   I filled out the help feature and it said it was going to send me instructions on fixing it, but the email never arrived.

Is the system down or is there something I need to do at my end?

Chuck3
Explorer C

Donations - try using your Rapid Rewards number as your user name. I did that & the apps on iPhone & iPad worked fine. 

DJHGoBlue
Explorer C
Solution

Hi,

I don't know if your problem is resolved yet, but I had the same one which Southwest tech support was finally able to fix.

My password was working on the website but not with the app. They suggested I shorten my password to something less than 14 characters. That solved it for me.

Dave

pmdinh
Explorer C

I have had the same issue on Android.  It was fixed after shortern the passwd to < 14. 

Please sticky/note this in SW app's description or fix the mobile server to accept more than 14 characters passwd.

Thanks!

Nini
Explorer C

I get  an error message when I try to use the Southwest app on my iPhone ' Something must have gone wrong. Please try again later'.  The app worked  4 days ago when I was last traveling. Yesterday I tried to make a reservation and I had been logged out received this error message when I tried to login.   I removed app, reloaded and powered down phone which still did not work. My username and password work on my iPad and PC just not my iPhone.  I have tried RR number and username to login with app.  App allows me to look up information as a guest but login to my information.  I called customer service and they suggested I call my phone carrier and could not help with app problems!

Nini
Explorer C

My password is less that 14 characters and I still get error message thatbsomething must have gone wrong please try again.  Anything work for others that are seeing this problem?

Rsr100
Explorer C

I have the same issue.  Pretty frustrating that there is no support for the app. Please let me know if anyone has a solution.  My password is less than 14 characters.  App worked fine and then just stopped working.  Have deleted and re downloaded a bunch and changed password.