Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Mobile Boarding Pass not always available?

crmitchell
Explorer C

I see the option on the website to have the boarding pass sent to either my email or as a text. I choose that option, click Continue, but no email or text is received. It's not in my junk folder either. The email option stopped working for me months ago, but text was ok. Now neither one works. I have checked and double checked that the email address and cell number are correct.

chantillyv
Explorer B

Hello,

I would just like to comment that the following reason stated:

• Reservation with multiple passengers

is very archaic for your enterprise.  My husband and I flew United a few months ago and I had both of our passes electronically stored on my app, as I was the one who booked the flight. There are millions of passengers that travel daily with multiple passengers.  Since your airline relies so heavily on 'self-service' kiosks, I would think you would want to limit the amount of time used at these machines and the headache (as well as lack of eco-awareness) that this process causes just by simply not allowing multiple boarding passes electronically.  Hopefully this is something your company will look into implementing...?

bobalouky
Explorer C

It would be great to be able to get mobile passes on tickes with multiple passengers!!!

dianebfoote
Explorer C

Sorry, not solved. I don't fall into any of those categories and still don't see the option to request a mobile boarding pass when I check in. I see ONLY the option to print now or at the airport. I don't have a printer at home and I don't want to have to stop at a kiosk on a weeknight at the airport. Here is what I see (identifying info not shown for obvious reasons). Please help.

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 6.39.08 PM.png

DrRon
Explorer A

So, I'm just  now checking in on my next flight with my wife and can't deliver our boarding passes any way but paper.  Surely that's not what Southwest intends, is it?

If so, that is really a major issue for us.

We are both early birds with TSA Pre and still limited to using a home PC with printer, an airport kiosk or a Southwest check-in counter?

Our IOS Apps give no options at all.

I see the same screen as dianebfoote, above.

My last flight individually in April let me put my boarding pass in my iPhone wallet just fine.

Is this issue a new one?

Please help us resolve the problem soon.

Thanks,

Dr Ron

franktravel
Aviator B

Great information can be found at Southweat Airlines website under "FAQ-Mobile" Mobile boarding pass is now available at all U.S. airports Southwest serves. Mobile boarding passes are not currently available to passengers traveling on international flights. You must check-in as a single passenger on a Southwest-operated flight departing from any of the domestic cities listed below in order to receive the mobile boarding pass option.

You can request a mobile boarding pass at the time of check-in on Southwest.com, the Southwest.com mobile site, or the Southwest mobile app for iPhone® or Android.

Next, select to have your mobile boarding pass sent directly to your device via email or text message. Mobile Boarding Pass is not currently optimized for viewing on tablets.

If you’re already using the mobile app, you can request a mobile boarding pass by choosing 1 of 3 delivery methods: view in browser, email, or text message.

With every delivery method, be sure to save your mobile boarding pass to your phone for easy access during travel. Android users can save boarding passes to their photo gallery by tapping on the 'Save Image to Photos' orange button. Follow the directions on screen to save the image to your photos. iOS (version 8 or higher) users can save boarding passes directly to Apple Wallet by selecting 'Add to Apple Wallet.'

DrRon
Explorer A

Frank,

Thanks for your input here, but did you read all our posts?

Travelers who use mobile boarding passes are pretty savvy about how they work.

Some have had issues traveling as single passengers.

Others have expressed concern over the single passenger limitation when traveling as a couple.

We are raising this issue here to request Southwest look into both their process and policy.

We look forward to further clarification on both.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

I'm sorry that there are still some situations where the mobile boarding pass feature isn't working correctly. Thank you for sharing examples - I'm going back to the drawing board to see how we can solve the problem and will report back when I've got an answer!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@DrRon,

Are you and your wife on the same reservation? If so, that's the reason that you aren't seeing an option for mobile boarding pass. In one of my earlier comments on this thread, I provided a list of exceptions where mobile boarding pass is not available, and a reservation with multiple people on it is one of them.

ab23793
Explorer C

Why does it matter if there are two passengers on the reservation.  It seems like it would be pretty easy to select which email/phone number to send a given boarding pass.  Also, among all the reasons listed for why a mobile boarding pass is not possible, the international flight is the only one that is referenced in the app.  I've been on a wild goose chase reading all these posts to find out that the multiple passenger on a single reservation is an issue.  Very inflexible!