Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile Boarding Pass

suthercd
Explorer C

On 2 round trips within the last week, I did not have the option to get a boarding pass for any of my flights on my iPhone using the Southwest app. I had always been able to get these before. I deleted the app and re- installed it and had the same problem.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mobile Boarding Pass

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@suthercd,

sorry to hear about issues with boarding passes on iPhone.  I flew last week with an iPhone X and did not have that same problem. 

This is is a customer to customer forum but the moderator might see your message.  It almost sounds like you were just checking to see if it was a general problem versus looking for a solution?  What model iPhone you used would also be helpful information.  

So how did you solve the problem?  Paper passes? Or going through Safari to the official Southwest.com website to check in?

hopefully whatever issue you had was fixed for your next flights.  Report back and let us know.

suthercd
Explorer C

Thanks for the reply. iPhone X. I work for Apple so familiar with the devices ins and outs. The Southwest app allowed me to check in, but I had to get paper passes at each airport. No settings on the device were changed between being able to view a boarding pass and not. I posted this inquiry because I have consistently been able to get mobile passes for the last several years. The airport kiosk happily prints my passes once my identifiers are input. On the flights I saw lots of iPhone users able to use their device as a mobile pass, so my problem was not fi

lightbspecific. 

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

Hmm-strange, and I don’t have any suggestions then.  I have to check in on Thursday for a Friday flight —also on an iPhone X.  I will let you know if I have any trouble from the app.  

The odd thing I have seen in the last month was boarding positions 30 spots apart for two people booked on the same confirmation number at the same time with neither having an early bird.

Check in glitches can be troublesome, and unfortunately, they happen from time to time (without explanation). It is a small nuisance, thank goodness.