Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile Boarding pass not always available!

megabyte
Explorer C

Following on from: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Check-In/Mobile-Boarding-Pass-not-always-available/td-p/473... , there is still a problem with getting QR-code featuring boarding passes via e-mail for, amongst other reasons, more than one passenger per booking. The above thread is marked as solved, but as it is just as easy for technology to send boarding pass emails to more than one e-mail address in one booking, as I understand it does for one passenger per booking, find a solution below:

Check-in via your smartphones web browser and when the page with the print button appears, position each check-in pass to fill the entire screen and use your phones screenshot ability to capture each of them. Open your pictures or gallery app to display at gate. The scanners can't tell a barcode presented on paper, from one presented on a smartphone (with the screen brightness at a sufficient level). Has worked seemlessly 2 times for my wife and I so far.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Mobile Boarding pass not always available!

karena0315
Explorer C

is there a solution to this issue

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The "solution" is noted in the second paragraph of the post above. No real technical solution exists and it's not likely to come any time soon.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @karena0315,

We currently are only offering mobile boarding passes for reservations containing one person, but we know our Customers are really hoping to see this feature expanded to multiple passenger reservations. We hear you, and we're also hopeful that it will be coming soon! 

sahunnel
Explorer C

Thanks for that info because as I am reading this 2016 thread my thoughts are two things:

1) I have done mobile boarding passes for multiple passengers before (honestly less that 2 months ago) and it worked fine so why not now

2) It is literally now 2018 two years after this issue was first presented and Southwest has obviously not made much effort to correct this. Multiple passenger mobile boarding passes are not a “exception” they are a huge inconvenience and massive limitation on sw’s part when other airlines have no problem.

I love Southwest and fly with them for multiple reasons but this is enough of an inconvenience for myself and my spouse that it makes us want to reconsider! The benefits to sw are largely in part to their baggage policies and service reputation that makes them very popular but truthfully we do not need that as we rarely if ever have to check bags plus this issue and the way it has been handled kind of throws the latter benefit right out the window. 

Please Southwest keep the business and fix this issue.