Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No TSA precheck when early bird checkin

Mjc0726
Explorer C

Is anyone else having an issue when purchasing early bird checkin that they don’t receive TSA Precheck on their boarding passes. This is the fourth time in a town that it’s happened to me. If I don’t early bird I get precheck.   So I either get a good seat or get through security easily but never both!

Marsha

4 REPLIES 4

Re: No TSA precheck when early bird checkin

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Mjc0726 wrote:

Is anyone else having an issue when purchasing early bird checkin that they don’t receive TSA Precheck on their boarding passes. This is the fourth time in a town that it’s happened to me. If I don’t early bird I get precheck.   So I either get a good seat or get through security easily but never both!

Marsha

I don't know any reason why these would be mutually exclusive, and this is the first post that I saw on the topic.

I think it would be worth digging some more, there may be some other glitch with the KTN population.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Mjc0726 wrote:

Marsha

Hello Marsha.

Have you paid for pre-check?

If not, you should know that TSA grants free pre-check to a few people randomly. I'm sure it's not completely random, but I don't know how TSA selects the people it does. So you will occasionally receive pre and sometimes not. Whether you do or not is unrelated to your purchase of EBCI.

As a side note I had a friend who flew yesterday. He bought EBCI and he has not paid for pre. He got pre yesterday, but he did not when he flew on Wednesday.

If you have paid for pre, you should receive pre on every flight.

bec102896
Aviator A

Do you pay for pre check? If so make sure the number is entered correctly and also make sure it isn't expired as it's only good for 5 years before you need to renew. I would recommend calling reservations and maybe they can make sure your number is on the reservation and make sure it is correct. 

If you don't don't pay for pre check it isn't guaranteed and I know TSA is slowly stooping the random pre check assignment to people who don't pay for it. 

-Blake 

tpegan1
Explorer A

Unless you pay for it TSA Pre seems pretty random to me.  I can get it a few times in a row and then go a while without getting it.  I doubt it has anything to do with early bird.  If you really want a good position pay the extra $40 at the gate and board with the business select.