Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

On hold for 1hr 40 minutes and counting. Today's flight cancelled no rebook option

jgstpaul
Explorer C

My 6:30p flight to BWI for today was cancelled. My husband received text notification. I did not. Nor did I receive an email. I tried to rebook on the link provided to my husband but there are no rebook options. And I have been on hold for 1hr 42 minutes. I have no idea what to tell my daughter who awaits our arrival. And there goes our pre-paid hotel room. Very, very frustrated.

1 REPLY 1

Re: On hold for 1hr 40 minutes and counting. Today's flight cancelled no rebook option

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear about your trouble.  I looks like severe weather on the east coast is causing all kinds of mayhem. Likely hundreds or thousands of people like you are affected.

I am NOT completely confident of what I am about to say, but I seem to recall a day in the past where my flight was cancelled and I was able to just log in to my account, go to the reservation in my account, and then pick "change flight." You might want to try that. 

Absent that, regretably, you best option may be just to put up with the phone delays brought on by lots of other people like you trying to get rebooked.

The east coast weather problem has been ongoing for several days , causing lots of cancelled flights, and that makes the rebooking process to be excpetionally difficult. That may be why you were told there were no rebooking options available.

Southwest appears to be struggling. It's likely the same at American, Delta, United, Jet Blue, et all.