Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

On hold now for almost 2 hours to fix a cancelled flight...What is going on?!

kimisaur
Explorer C

I understand flights can get cancelled, but 2 hours on hold to fix it is ridiculous.  I have to pick my daughter up at camp, and I have to be there.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: On hold now for almost 2 hours to fix a cancelled flight...What is going on?!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello. As I said to the other person that complained about excessive phone delays

Sorry to hear about your trouble.  I looks like severe weather on the east coast is causing all kinds of mayhem. Likely hundreds or thousands of people like you are affected.

I am NOT completely confident of what I am about to say, but I seem to recall a day in the past where my flight was cancelled and I was able to just log in to my account, go to reservation in my account, and then pick "change flight." You might want to try that. 

Absent that, regretably, your best option may be just to put up with the phone delays brought on by lots of other people like you trying to get rebooked.

The east coast weather problem has been ongoing for several days , causing lots of cancelled flights, and that makes the rebooking process to be exceptionally difficult. 

Southwest appears to be struggling. It's likely the same at American, Delta, United, Jet Blue, et all.

All I can advise is to try to be patient with a very frustrating situation.

Re: On hold now for almost 2 hours to fix a cancelled flight...What is going on?!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I am NOT completely confident of what I am about to say, but I seem to recall a day in the past where my flight was cancelled and I was able to just log in to my account, go to reservation in my account, and then pick "change flight." You might want to try that. 

I'm not sure what enables that option, but I recall doing this once before as well. I don't see any "global" reaccomodation link on the website yet as they sometimes have during major snowstorms or hurricanes.

While you are on hold, maybe try Twitter as well. Don't send any personal information until they ask for a direct message.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.