Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question about Early-Bird Check-in

eerickso
Explorer C

I'm a new SW flyer and have purchased EBCI for an upcoming flight. Quick question: Do I still go through the check-in process at some point after the T-24 point or will I automatically be checked in? On the SW site it says it includes automatic check-in but I read another post on here that seemed to imply that you still had to go through the process and that it just wasn't as time critical as it would be if EBCI had not been purchased. Also, assuming I still need to go through the process, does it matter at all at what point I do this prior to the flight? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Question about Early-Bird Check-in

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

"EarlyBird Check-In Customers will have their boarding positions reserved beginning 36 hours prior to their flight's scheduled departure time. Boarding Passes can be printed beginning 24 hours prior to the flight's scheduled local departure time."  All you will need to do is use the "Check In" from the Southwest home page to print the boarding pass that was reserved for you. 

"Customers who have purchased Anytime Fares will receive priority over Customer’s who purchase Early Bird with other fare types. Boarding positions are assigned based on the time stamp of the EarlyBird Check-In purchase relative to passengers within the same fare class."

Re: Question about Early-Bird Check-in

eerickso
Explorer C

Thanks very much for the clarification!