Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

RECEIPTS FOR EARLY BIRDS

lslayton
Explorer C

WHY WHY WHY is it so difficult to obtain a receiot/ANY TYPE OF RECORD after purchasing an early bird check-in??? With other airlines, additional fees are easily accessible along with the receipt. WHY does Southwest only provide flight receipt and not add-ons? It is so difficult for those of us that travel for business. Locating several $30 receipts has proved to be impossible this month! Come on Southwest, just add the $30.00 on our flight receipt???

12 REPLIES 12

Re: RECEIPTS FOR EARLY BIRDS

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I've had this issue before and my practice now is to take a screenshot of the confirmation page just in case an email receipt doesn't show up.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Perhaps I've been lucky, but I've always received the EBCI confitmation/receipt message quickly -- usually before the confirmation for the actual flight. I usually add EBCI when I do the initial booking, fyi.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @lslayton,

You should have received an Early Bird receipt at the original time of purchase, in addition to the confirmation email. If you need one, reach out to us on Twitter (@Southwestair) and a Customer Representative will be able to get one to you!

b1lylyn
Explorer C

I'm not on Twitter.  What is an alternative contact method to get an Early Bird receipt?

AdamH
Retired Community Manager

Hey there - you can call Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654 and they should be able to assist you with your receipt requests. 

PRINCIPATOP
Explorer C

I used that number 1-855-234-4654 and as long as you can provide confirmation numbers for your past and future flights they can provide receipts.  But why you just can't retreive them yourself or get them at point of confirmation boggles my mind.!

dunlapd2
Explorer C

Customer Relations just told me I had to have the confirmation and not the flight # associated with the Early Bird in order to get a receipt.  We book through a travel agent and all we have is the credit card charge with the ticket number, posted date, depart date..which actually the purchase date from and to airports as well as the traveler's name associated with the credit card.  I NEED EB receipts.  How do I get them with this information?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dunlapd2 wrote:

Customer Relations just told me I had to have the confirmation and not the flight # associated with the Early Bird in order to get a receipt.  We book through a travel agent and all we have is the credit card charge with the ticket number, posted date, depart date..which actually the purchase date from and to airports as well as the traveler's name associated with the credit card.  I NEED EB receipts.  How do I get them with this information?

Did you tell the customer relations agent that you had the credit card?

You'll need the confirmation number to check in anyway, this should be a reasonable request from the travel agent IMO.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: RECEIPTS FOR EARLY BIRD Confirmation #KAJJP8 F. Miller

LauraLempe
Explorer C

Good Afternoon!

I am an administrative assistant for ***. I work for MSU Denver and as a state agent we MUST have the receipt - therefore I am requesting that you send *** the $30.00 Early Bird Check In.