Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SJC

travelplus
Explorer C

For the longest time Southwest only opened their counters at SJC at 5 AM but the agents would never open on time. Other airlines open their counters atc4:30 AM and I complained more than once. Southwest listened and now they are hey open at 4:30 AM daily.

Also I got Southwest to get rid of their plastic Preboard Authorization Card and now it prints as a separate paper card. Why can't Southwest just add Preboard to the boarding pass printed at home under Boarding group like other airlines do? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SJC

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out!

Be sure to share this with the team on social media (Twitter or Facebook) or here: https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html.

Hope this helps! 

Zev

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@travelplus wrote:

Also I got Southwest to get rid of their plastic Preboard Authorization Card and now it prints as a separate paper card. Why can't Southwest just add Preboard to the boarding pass printed at home under Boarding group like other airlines do? 

The ticket counter staff have to ask some questions about the nature of the need for assistance, I don't know that you can have preboard status approved in advance necessarily, or not without some prior history at any rate.

I'm not totally sure on this one, hopefully someone else can chime in as well.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Good idea! Yeah it would be cool if the pre-boarding option would be added at the desk like a corner of the boarding pass where it was noted and the agent said could just check it off when they printed it . This would not be able to happen on an electronic boarding pass or on the kiosks but would make things easier!