Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW App still not sending boarding pass to Apple Wallet

TeaLatte
Explorer C

After reading a few threads on this forum, it looks like the SW employee answering these questions believes that this issue has been resolved. Unfortunately,  as of 1:57PT, 10/11/19, this issue has not been resolved. I still cannot add my boarding pass to my Apple Wallet.  And I just updated the Southwest App on my iPhone8 , just in case the fix was in a new update in the last hour...

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SW App still not sending boarding pass to Apple Wallet

FatOldBaldGuy
Explorer C

iPhone 8 Plus

iOS Version: 13.1.2

Using Southwest App Version: 6.9.0

Had done the latest updates and cold reboots.

App is not syncing to the Wallet, however, the app does show me my status and Pre-TSA label.

I have tried several of the other suggestions to get the sync to work, all have failures.

Last try for me was 4:37pm (CST).

I guess it is back to the old way of doing it...

SWDigits
Aviator A

Southwest posted a travel advisory about this to their home page, here is the link:

https://www.southwest.com/html/advisories/swa_travel_advisory_20199101570725201165.html

Customer | Home airport DCA

wwbein
Explorer C

I had posted on Wednesday when this was fixed. When I checked in on Thrusday for my Friday flight, the dreaded ugly big blue boarding pass came back. Oh no!

Next to me on the flight was another passenger with exacly the same (Wednesday fixed, now not working.) Both of us have late model iPhones with no recent update activity. Both of us are in IT. It's an issue not on the customer device end.

Though, this is a relatively minor annoyance, it is irritating no less. Southwest is one of my favorite airlines, but somehow this does not feel right. Southwest, please fix this ASAP.

TeaLatte
Explorer C
Solution

Okay, as of this morning, at 0600PT, 10/12/19, this issue seemed to have been fixed. I was able to view my boarding pass on the SW App and the options to send to Wallet and or text to myself or someone else were now available. Hopefully, that will be the end of that! Thanks for the fix, Southwest Airlines!

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@TeaLatte  I am happy to report that this issue is resolved! I am at the airport now; I was able to add my BP to my Apple Wallet complete with the location-based notification on the home screen. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder