Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Same reservation, arriving to check in bags at different times?

Lastmv
Explorer C

We will be arriving at the airport at different times. I'm an early bird, friend is not. Do both of us have to check in bags at the same time or can each of us check bags so we can meet up later?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Same reservation, arriving to check in bags at different times?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

I'll assume you are both adults, checking no more than 2 bags each?  If so, no need to check in together, just show up when you want, enter your information in the kiosk or at the check-in counter and you're good to go.

I think the only times that you would need to check in together would be if one passenger was under 12 years of age, or if one person had 3 bags and the other only had 1, then you'd want to go together to avoid paying for excess baggage (2 passengers can have a total of 4 checked bags).  

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

Re: Same reservation, arriving to check in bags at different times?

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Just be careful when checking bags (if using a self bag tag kiosk) that the first person only check themselves in. 😉