Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Short Layover ATL

jpack
Explorer C

Looking at some flights for a summer trip to GSP and most invlove a short layover in ATL, some as short as 30-35 minutes, is this enough time to make a connection? Are all SW gates in the same terminal? If we miss a connection it looks like we would be stuck there pretty much the whole day. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Short Layover ATL

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @jpack,

Yes, you'll have time to make your connection. Our schedule planners are careful to take those things into account when publishing routes. All our flights at ATL arrive at/depart from Concourse C. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you this summer!

BG5
Explorer C

I have a stop over in Nashville, heading out to Oakland from Charleston, with a short lay over time. I have to switch planes. Is the experience at Nashville' s airport the same as in Atlanta?

franktravel
Aviator B

Here is the C concourse in Nashville for Southwest. You should be able to look up what gate you land at and what gate you leave from 

image.png

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I've found Nashville to be particularly friendly for short layovers, most of the Southwest gates are at the end of the concourse where the distance will be very short. There are a few gates further down the concourse, but chances are good to make the flight.

There are restrooms, gift shop, and if you have time a take-out counter all in that vicinity. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Hopefully it went well @jpack.

With a 30 minute layover to change planes, obviously you would not plan to be lined up for the numerical order, but that's plenty of time to get on the flight. 

That would be tight at ATL in the case of changing airlines - the other concourses are 5-15 minutes by train or walking underneath, and it could be 2-5 minutes to get to the end of a concourse if needed, so there isn't much leeway for deboarding and grabbing a snack.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.